Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > [ANN] launchy 0.3.1 Released

[ANN] launchy 0.3.1 Released

Jeremy Hinegardner

launchy version 0.3.1 has been released.

http://copiousfreetime.rubyforge.org/launchy/

This release adds nothing new to the library. It updates the command
line launchy program with useful parameters to allow for detailed
debugging.

Launchy is helper class for launching cross-platform applications in a
fire and forget manner. There are application concepts (browser, email
client, etc) that are common across all platforms, and they may be
launched differently on each platform. Launchy is here to make a common
approach to launching external application from within ruby programs.

{{ Changelog for Version 0.3.1 }}

=== Version 0.3.1 - 2007-09-08

* finalize the command line wrapper around the launchy library.
* added more tests

http://copiousfreetime.rubyforge.org/launchy/

enjoy,

-jeremy

Jeremy Hinegardner http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Trans

On Sep 8, 7:51 pm, Jeremy Hinegardner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> launchy version 0.3.1 has been released.
>
> http://copiousfreetime.rubyforge.org/launchy/
>
> This release adds nothing new to the library. It updates the command
> line launchy program with useful parameters to allow for detailed
> debugging.
>
> Launchy is helper class for launching cross-platform applications in a
> fire and forget manner. There are application concepts (browser, email
> client, etc) that are common across all platforms, and they may be
> launched differently on each platform. Launchy is here to make a common
> approach to launching external application from within ruby programs.
>
> {{ Changelog for Version 0.3.1 }}
>
> === Version 0.3.1 - 2007-09-08
>
> * finalize the command line wrapper around the launchy library.
> * added more tests
>
> http://copiousfreetime.rubyforge.org/launchy/
>
> enjoy,

Just a heads up that I submitted a bug to the tracker:

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.p...707&atid=14326

Thanks,
T.