Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Pages that do not open correctly

Pages that do not open correctly

Gordon Abbot

Occasionally i will find a website that does not show all that it is
suppose to with Moz so have to drop back to IE. Every bit of spyware I
get is when I have to use IE, so I really dislike using it.

An example

http://www.chris-tv.com/download.html

The center of the page is blank except at the bottom. But in IE there is
additional download info which is what I was looking for.

What can I do in Moz (1.5) to get that part of the page to display?

My normal surfing is no-popups and no third party cookies. Java is
usually off, but not javascript.

GA
--
My address is spoofed, so do not reply directly.

dantu

Gordon Abbot wrote:

> Occasionally i will find a website that does not show all that it is
> suppose to with Moz so have to drop back to IE. Every bit of spyware I
> get is when I have to use IE, so I really dislike using it.
>
> An example
>
> http://www.chris-tv.com/download.html
>
> The center of the page is blank except at the bottom. But in IE there
> is additional download info which is what I was looking for.
>
> What can I do in Moz (1.5) to get that part of the page to display?
>
> My normal surfing is no-popups and no third party cookies. Java is
> usually off, but not javascript.
>
> GA

In this case, get the web site author to write code properly <g>

He opens each line of the javascript with a proper <Script> tag, but
then ENDS the entire script with a </Script> tag immediately
thereafter! Essentially, instead of having one Javascript , he has
dozens of them totally unconnected.

I.e. <Script> Script language=javascript </Script>
means he declared the script language and then ended the script. so the
next line

<Script> var=whaterver </Script> is an entirelly new script with no
language declaration at all!

The author probably uses Mircosoft IE which understands garbage like
this that is non standard, but the problem is the coding on the page in
this instance.

Gordon Abbot

dantu wrote:

> Gordon Abbot wrote:
>
>> Occasionally i will find a website that does not show all that it is
>> suppose to with Moz so have to drop back to IE. Every bit of spyware I
>> get is when I have to use IE, so I really dislike using it.
>>
>> An example
>>
>> http://www.chris-tv.com/download.html
>>
>> The center of the page is blank except at the bottom. But in IE there
>> is additional download info which is what I was looking for.
>>
>> What can I do in Moz (1.5) to get that part of the page to display?
>>
>> My normal surfing is no-popups and no third party cookies. Java is
>> usually off, but not javascript.
>>
>> GA

> In this case, get the web site author to write code properly <g>
>
> He opens each line of the javascript with a proper <Script> tag, but
> then ENDS the entire script with a </Script> tag immediately
> thereafter! Essentially, instead of having one Javascript , he has
> dozens of them totally unconnected.
>
> I.e. <Script> Script language=javascript </Script>
> means he declared the script language and then ended the script. so the
> next line
>
> <Script> var=whaterver </Script> is an entirelly new script with no
> language declaration at all!
>
> The author probably uses Mircosoft IE which understands garbage like
> this that is non standard, but the problem is the coding on the page in
> this instance.

Any way to view it without going to MSIE, but in Moz?

GA

--
My address is spoofed, so do not reply directly.

Jarmo P

> Any way to view it without going to MSIE, but in Moz?
>
> GA
>
> --
> My address is spoofed, so do not reply directly.

Not sure if this is the proper place to tell, downloaded Avant that is an IE
wrapper of kind. For those few odd pages. If real paranoid of using IE, that
one has popup blocking.
Only did not like the bloated interface too much.
Sure going to keep FB as my default browser
Jarmo P

Tono

Jarmo P wrote:

>>Any way to view it without going to MSIE, but in Moz?
>>
>>GA
>>
>>--
>>My address is spoofed, so do not reply directly.
>>

> Not sure if this is the proper place to tell, downloaded Avant that is an IE
> wrapper of kind. For those few odd pages. If real paranoid of using IE, that
> one has popup blocking.
> Only did not like the bloated interface too much.
> Sure going to keep FB as my default browser

I thought FB was just mail & news and mozilla was the browser?

Tono

dantu

Tono wrote:

> Jarmo P wrote:
>
>>> Any way to view it without going to MSIE, but in Moz?
>>>
>>> GA
>>>
>>> --
>>> My address is spoofed, so do not reply directly.
>>>

>> Not sure if this is the proper place to tell, downloaded Avant that
>> is an IE
>> wrapper of kind. For those few odd pages. If real paranoid of using
>> IE, that
>> one has popup blocking.
>> Only did not like the bloated interface too much.
>> Sure going to keep FB as my default browser

> I thought FB was just mail & news and mozilla was the browser?
>
> Tono

Tono

No, Moz, or Mozilla is a complete suite. Browser/Email/news/Composor/Chat

FB or Firebird is a Browser

TB or Thunderbird is a Email/news client

Gordon Abbot

Tono wrote:

> Jarmo P wrote:
>
>>> Any way to view it without going to MSIE, but in Moz?
>>>
>>> GA
>>>
>>> --
>>> My address is spoofed, so do not reply directly.
>>>

>> Not sure if this is the proper place to tell, downloaded Avant that is
>> an IE
>> wrapper of kind. For those few odd pages. If real paranoid of using
>> IE, that
>> one has popup blocking.
>> Only did not like the bloated interface too much.
>> Sure going to keep FB as my default browser

> I thought FB was just mail & news and mozilla was the browser?
>
> Tono

Does firebird work on that page- or most pages where Moz does not?

GA

--
My address is spoofed, so do not reply directly.

Jarmo P

> Does firebird work on that page- or most pages where Moz does not?

The browser in both programs is pretty much the same, so I think faulty
coded pages are not working with either one

Tono

dantu wrote:
> Tono wrote:

>>> Not sure if this is the proper place to tell, downloaded Avant that
>>> is an IE
>>> wrapper of kind. For those few odd pages. If real paranoid of using
>>> IE, that
>>> one has popup blocking.
>>> Only did not like the bloated interface too much.
>>> Sure going to keep FB as my default browser

>> I thought FB was just mail & news and mozilla was the browser?
>>
>> Tono

> Tono
>
> No, Moz, or Mozilla is a complete suite.
> Browser/Email/news/Composor/Chat
>
> FB or Firebird is a Browser
>
> TB or Thunderbird is a Email/news client

Oh, OK. I had my birds mixed up.