Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > copy WebForm changing name

copy WebForm changing name

G. Dean Blake

In a ASP.NET Visual Studio project I have a webform named FinResults_AR.aspx
and its associated vb and resx files. I want to copy and rename to
FinResults_GL so that I have an exact duplicate except by a different name.

What is the easiest way in which to do this?
Thanks,

Raterus

Probably the easiest way is to create a new webform with this name, and simply copy/paste the aspx code/codebehind.

Or you could copy the file in windows explorer, and add the "existing" file to the project.

"G. Dean Blake" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:e8VPFB%(E-Mail Removed)...
> In a ASP.NET Visual Studio project I have a webform named FinResults_AR.aspx
> and its associated vb and resx files. I want to copy and rename to
> FinResults_GL so that I have an exact duplicate except by a different name.
>
> What is the easiest way in which to do this?
> Thanks,

G. Dean Blake

that what I was afraid of, copy resx, vb, html, change all the names. I
have to do a bunch of them. I was hoping that Visual Studio.net had some
feature that would do that grunt work for me.
thanks,

"Raterus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ehTIPI%(E-Mail Removed)...
Probably the easiest way is to create a new webform with this name, and
simply copy/paste the aspx code/codebehind.

Or you could copy the file in windows explorer, and add the "existing" file
to the project.

"G. Dean Blake" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e8VPFB%(E-Mail Removed)...
> In a ASP.NET Visual Studio project I have a webform named

FinResults_AR.aspx
> and its associated vb and resx files. I want to copy and rename to
> FinResults_GL so that I have an exact duplicate except by a different

name.

> What is the easiest way in which to do this?
> Thanks,

Raterus

you could also try editing your project file VS creates, it's just plaintext, and contains the file locations, you can add a new file there (at least I think it would work). Just make all the copies in windows explorer, and do a cut/paste of the old files in the proj fill and rename them (hopefully using a nice find/replace)