Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Is there a thread safe implementation of a priority queue?

Is there a thread safe implementation of a priority queue?

Frank Meyer

I could only find a class called Queue in RDoc. Is there no (thread
safe) priority queue? If not where can I get one?

Turing.

Joel VanderWerf

Frank Meyer wrote:
> I could only find a class called Queue in RDoc. Is there no (thread
> safe) priority queue? If not where can I get one?

There's some hits in this search that may help:

http://www.google.com/search?q=ruby+priorityqueue

Here's one that I use based on the rbtree extension:

http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/ruby-rbtree
http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin...by-talk/133202

Frank Meyer

Joel VanderWerf wrote:
> Frank Meyer wrote:
>> I could only find a class called Queue in RDoc. Is there no (thread
>> safe) priority queue? If not where can I get one?

> There's some hits in this search that may help:
>
> http://www.google.com/search?q=ruby+priorityqueue
>
> Here's one that I use based on the rbtree extension:
>
> http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/ruby-rbtree
> http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin...by-talk/133202

I already searched myself and I came upon the "rbtree" queue, too but I
can't remember why I dismissed this one. Maybe I was just too tired
yesterday.
Thanks.

Turing.

Frank Meyer

Joel VanderWerf wrote:
> Frank Meyer wrote:
> http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/ruby-rbtree

I finally had the time to download and try this priority queue, but
unfortunately the required RBTree class is a C extension and the
makefile is written for GCC which I don't have (installed).
Could someone be so kind and compile this extension (with windows) and
upload it for me?

Thank you very much!

Turing