Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > NameError - Scruffy and Gruff -

Reply
Thread Tools

NameError - Scruffy and Gruff -

 
 
Ams Lone
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-12-2007
I am trying to generate some charts using Scruffy or Gruff.. But both of
them are failing with NameError.

I am a noob and googled a lot. Any help on how to fix these errors.

D:/Screener/Scruffy.rb:2: uninitialized constant Scruffy (NameError)


/gruff.rb:4: uninitialized constant Gruff (NameError)
from D:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in
`gem_original_require'
from D:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in
`require'
from D:/Screener/gruff.rb:2
from -e:1:in `load'
from -e:1
--
Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
John Joyce
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-12-2007

On Aug 12, 2007, at 12:51 AM, Ams Lone wrote:

> I am trying to generate some charts using Scruffy or Gruff.. But
> both of
> them are failing with NameError.
>
> I am a noob and googled a lot. Any help on how to fix these errors.
>
> D:/Screener/Scruffy.rb:2: uninitialized constant Scruffy (NameError)
>
>
> ./gruff.rb:4: uninitialized constant Gruff (NameError)
> from D:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in
> `gem_original_require'
> from D:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in
> `require'
> from D:/Screener/gruff.rb:2
> from -e:1:in `load'
> from -e:1
> --
> Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.
>

Posting code is better,
but make sure you use

require 'rubygems'
require 'gemname'

(where gemname is scruffy or whatever gem you are using)


Also make sure you install a gem using
gem install gemname --include-dependencies

So you can make sure you are not missing anything.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Ams Lone
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-12-2007
Hey John - I reinstalled scruffy using the include dependencies option,
but still the same error..

require 'rubygems'
require 'scruffy'

graph = Scruffy::Graph.new
graph.title = "Comparative Agent Performance"
graph.value_formatter = Scruffy::Formatters:ercentage.new(recision
=> 0)
graph.add :stacked do |stacked|
stacked.add :bar, 'Jack', [30, 60, 49, 29, 100, 120]
stacked.add :bar, 'Jill', [120, 240, 0, 100, 140, 20]
stacked.add :bar, 'Hill', [10, 10, 90, 20, 40, 10]
end
graph.point_markers = ['Jan', 'Feb', 'Mar', 'Apr', 'May', 'Jun']

>ruby Scruffy.rb

/scruffy.rb:4: uninitialized constant Scruffy (NameError)
from d:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in
`gem_original_require'
from d:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in
`require'
from Scruffy.rb:2
>Exit code: 1

--
Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Stefan Rusterholz
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-12-2007
Logan Capaldo wrote:
> On 8/12/07, Ams Lone <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> => 0)
>> `gem_original_require'
>> from d:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in
>> `require'
>> from Scruffy.rb:2
>> >Exit code: 1

>
>
> Don't name your script scruffy.rb. Ruby will always look in the current
> directory first for files to require. You are requiring your own script
> file
> by accident.


Actually it won't. "." is in $: the last entry.

Regards
Stefan
--
Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Scruffy - how to assign SVG Builder object Jack Richardson Ruby 0 03-18-2008 08:45 AM
Scruffy: is it possible the use of 3 axis? Damaris Fuentes Ruby 0 02-25-2008 02:41 PM
Scruffy and bars Damaris Fuentes Ruby 0 02-11-2008 01:17 PM
scruffy question remco.zwaan@gmail.com Ruby 3 12-27-2007 11:49 AM
Scruffy Stacked Bar help Jorge Rodriguez Ruby 0 06-07-2007 07:40 PM



Advertisments