Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Excel without ole

Excel without ole

Artur Shokin

Hi, everybody,

Do somebody know how to manipulate the existing excel document without
win32ole on Mac os or linux?

Best regards

ara.t.howard

On Aug 10, 2007, at 8:32 AM, Artur Shokin wrote:

> Do somebody know how to manipulate the existing excel document without
> win32ole on Mac os or linux?

on either mac or linux the one approach is to actually run windows
using either parallels or cross-over office respectively, then
install a ruby in that windows install and use it to do the
manipulation. if by 'manipulation' you mean just reading there are
quite a few readers out there.

a @ http://drawohara.com/
better. simply reflect on that.
h.h. the 14th dalai lama

Rodrigo CortÚs

On 8/10/07, ara.t.howard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Aug 10, 2007, at 8:32 AM, Artur Shokin wrote:
>

> > Do somebody know how to manipulate the existing excel document without
> > win32ole on Mac os or linux?

> on either mac or linux the one approach is to actually run windows
> using either parallels or cross-over office respectively, then
> install a ruby in that windows install and use it to do the
> manipulation. if by 'manipulation' you mean just reading there are
> quite a few readers out there.
>
> a @ http://drawohara.com/
> --
> we can deny everything, except that we have the possibility of being
> better. simply reflect on that.
> h.h. the 14th dalai lama

http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/parseexcel/

Rodrigo CortÚs

On 8/10/07, Artur Shokin <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi, everybody,
>
> Do somebody know how to manipulate the existing excel document without
> win32ole on Mac os or linux?
>
> Best regards

http://raa.ruby-lang.org/search.rhtml?search=excel

Artur Shokin

Thank you all!

Ole ole Patrick.O.Ige ASP .Net 0 07-16-2006 08:10 AM
OLE & Excel - Opening causes Excel.exe to hang around TimmyD Perl Misc 0 04-21-2005 07:20 PM
Win32::OLE Excel Chart SeriesCollection. Problem changing from Excel 2000 to 2002 moller@notvalid.se Perl Misc 1 07-05-2004 10:50 AM
Creating an OLE server document in Python (MFC/OLE/COM/Python newbie) Drew Pihera Python 0 02-04-2004 07:48 PM
Win32::OLE adding shape to OLE Object (xlsheet) in PPT Lance Hoffmeyer Perl Misc 0 11-17-2003 07:44 PM

Advertisments