Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > [ANN] Ruby-HL7 0.2.44

[ANN] Ruby-HL7 0.2.44

Mark Guzman

What is it?
-------------

Ruby-HL7 is a library for parsing and generating HL7 2.x messages. HL7
3.0 message support is planned for a future release. HL7 is a widely
used medical information interchange format.

Feature list:
* flexible parsing support
* MLLP support
* provides a simple dsl for defining segments
* allows for arbitrary manipulation of segment data
* automatic segment ordering (via sort)
* familiar Array/Enumerable semantics
* easy associated/child segment access

Changes
--------------------

This release addresses a few bugs found with segment access,
specifically null segment access and empty segment access.
It also provides a speed improvement when parsing messages with many
unimplemented/unknown segments.
Associated/Child segment access has been implemented.

How do I get it?
--------------------

gem install ruby-hl7

or grab the tarbal from http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=3261

More info and examples

http://hasno.info/2007/8/6/ruby-hl7-0-2-44-released
http://trac.hasno.info/ruby-hl7
http://ruby-hl7.rubyforge.org

What else?

Please use the trac instance for bug reports and feature requests. Xml
message support will be added once I've released my fastxml library.

--mark