Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > *.rubyforge.org sites disappearing from google?

Reply
Thread Tools

*.rubyforge.org sites disappearing from google?

 
 
Leonard Chin
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-24-2007
Has anyone noticed that projects with homepages hosted on rubyforge
have disappeared from the google index? When trying to google rspec,
mongrel, mocha, fastercsv, their respective *.rubyforge.org pages fail
to appear in the search results.

This may be just a temporary hiccup, however...

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Alex Young
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-24-2007
Leonard Chin wrote:
> Has anyone noticed that projects with homepages hosted on rubyforge
> have disappeared from the google index? When trying to google rspec,
> mongrel, mocha, fastercsv, their respective *.rubyforge.org pages fail
> to appear in the search results.
>
> This may be just a temporary hiccup, however...
>

I noticed it for mongrel, certainly, but that was only yesterday.

--
Alex

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Travis D Warlick Jr
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-24-2007
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Alex Young wrote:
> Leonard Chin wrote:
>> Has anyone noticed that projects with homepages hosted on rubyforge
>> have disappeared from the google index? When trying to google rspec,
>> mongrel, mocha, fastercsv, their respective *.rubyforge.org pages fail
>> to appear in the search results.
>>
>> This may be just a temporary hiccup, however...
>>

> I noticed it for mongrel, certainly, but that was only yesterday.


I checked with Google's site status tool -- They are being indexed.

https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/sitestatus

however, they must be getting buried for some reason.

- --
Travis Warlick

"Programming in Java is like dealing with your mom --
it's kind, forgiving, and gently chastising.
Programming in C++ is like dealing with a disgruntled
girlfriend -- it's cold, unforgiving, and doesn't tell
you what you've done wrong."
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.7 (MingW32)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iD8DBQFGpaidWvapaOIz2YYRAgydAJ4j0CGDXa+EPLNysxMxEc bEsxj6oQCffR+Q
3XENBk8KsmnFpW17x5TEqZw=
=OzNK
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

 
Reply With Quote
 
Andreas Launila
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-24-2007
Leonard Chin wrote:
> Has anyone noticed that projects with homepages hosted on rubyforge
> have disappeared from the google index? When trying to google rspec,
> mongrel, mocha, fastercsv, their respective *.rubyforge.org pages fail
> to appear in the search results.
>
> This may be just a temporary hiccup, however...
>


Probably a cause of this:
http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=d...074&group_id=5

--
Andreas Launila

 
Reply With Quote
 
Tom Copeland
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-24-2007
On Tue, 2007-07-24 at 17:37 +0900, Andreas Launila wrote:
> Leonard Chin wrote:
> > Has anyone noticed that projects with homepages hosted on rubyforge
> > have disappeared from the google index? When trying to google rspec,
> > mongrel, mocha, fastercsv, their respective *.rubyforge.org pages fail
> > to appear in the search results.
> >
> > This may be just a temporary hiccup, however...
> >

>
> Probably a cause of this:
> http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=d...074&group_id=5


Yup, let's give it a day or two and see if Google picks them up again
now that I've removed that block. If not, I'll contact them...

Yours,

Tom



 
Reply With Quote
 
Tom Copeland
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-25-2007
On Tue, 2007-07-24 at 09:20 -0400, Tom Copeland wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-07-24 at 17:37 +0900, Andreas Launila wrote:
> > Leonard Chin wrote:
> > > Has anyone noticed that projects with homepages hosted on rubyforge
> > > have disappeared from the google index? When trying to google rspec,
> > > mongrel, mocha, fastercsv, their respective *.rubyforge.org pages fail
> > > to appear in the search results.
> > >
> > > This may be just a temporary hiccup, however...
> > >

> >
> > Probably a cause of this:
> > http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=d...074&group_id=5

>
> Yup, let's give it a day or two and see if Google picks them up again
> now that I've removed that block. If not, I'll contact them...


FYI, this appears to be cleared up now:

http://www.google.com/search?q=site:...rubyforge.org/

Note to self, don't block Googlebots with iptables!

Yours,

Tom



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2 sites or not 2 sites Yitzak ASP .Net 5 03-10-2009 11:05 AM
using python to visit web sites and print the web sites image to files imx Python 10 03-14-2007 02:19 PM
Sites about web-sites ? Jasbird HTML 1 09-28-2006 06:21 PM
How do prevent sites to be loaded in other sites frames? Stefan Caliandro HTML 2 02-14-2005 06:05 PM
ISO: Web sites for images (pay sites preferred) Kevin Buchan ASP .Net 1 02-20-2004 09:34 AM



Advertisments