Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > graphing/charting application

graphing/charting application

Chad Perrin

On Tue, Jul 17, 2007 at 10:24:19AM +0900, Ryan Davis wrote:

> On Jul 16, 2007, at 17:05 , Chad Perrin wrote:

> >>Is there some kind of rule that states that, when something is freely
> >>made available to the public, the users are disallowed from being
> >>polite? I'm constantly frustrated by the fact that many users figure
> >>a scathing comment in IRC or a mail to ruby-talk constitutes
> >>"constructive criticism".

> >Is there some kind of rule that states that everyone who takes note of
> >what I said has to blow it out of proportion, assign intent to it that
> >wasn't present, and generally try to put words in my mouth?

> The above is a direct quote of yours, so I didn't put words in your
> mouth. I found it snide and rude because _it_is_snide_ so I didn't
> blow it out of proportion. At worst, I could be guilty of assigning
> intent, except, it really was your intent to be snide, wasn't it?
> That seems plain as day to the rest of us.

See above, re: what *you* said about my words -- which, by the way, do
not reflect my intent or the necessary interpretation of my words at all.

> snide |sn??d| |sna??d| |sn????d|
> adjective
> 1 derogatory or mocking in an indirect way : "snide remarks about my
> mother."
> ??? (of a person) devious and underhanded : "a snide divorce lawyer."

That was ironic.

McCloctnick the Lucid: "The first rule of magic is simple. Don't waste your
time waving your hands and hopping when a rock or a club will do."

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

Chad Perrin wrote:
>> ??? (of a person) devious and underhanded : "a snide divorce lawyer."

> That was ironic.

There are non-snide divorce lawyers?