Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Bookmark portion of URI should not be sent to server, right?

Bookmark portion of URI should not be sent to server, right?

goinoutwest

On July 3 I started noticing some page errors in my application. All
clients where using Windows XP - MSIE 6.0.
It seems these clients were passing the bookmark (fragment identifier)
portion of the URI to the server.

For example, with the following URL:
http://testsite.com/page.aspx?myquery=test#bookmark

The browser should send a request for:
http://testsite.com/page.aspx?myquery=test

However, these clients were sending the entire URI as the request. Thus, my
querystring parameter "myquery" had the unexpected value of "test#bookmark".
Has anyone else noticed this behavior? Should I be posting this somewhere
else?

Thanks,
Rob