Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Newbie: populate an array from database (oci8) results

Newbie: populate an array from database (oci8) results

jasonnaylor.tester@googlemail.com

Simple, newbie query. Should be easy enough, but my Ruby knowledge is
in it's early stages.

I want to populate a 2d array with results of an Oracle DB query.

I'm doing something like:

connection = OCI8.new('yada', 'yada', 'yada')
connection.exec('select one, two from table_name') do |r|

And now I'm lost. What to actually do with r ?