Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Disapearing Bookmarks

Disapearing Bookmarks

JustMe

I'm running Mozilla 1.6a and every time I close out Mozilla I loose any
bookmark changes I made. If I delete old ones they come back. If I add new
ones the disappear.
Any help

Thanks

Leonidas Jones

JustMe wrote:

> I'm running Mozilla 1.6a and every time I close out Mozilla I loose any
> bookmark changes I made. If I delete old ones they come back. If I add new
> ones the disappear.
> Any help
>
> Thanks

This is kind of weird. Are your bookmarks stored in the default
location? Are you running Quick Launch?

Lee

JustMe

I just upgraded to 1.6b and still have the same problem.
Is there a way to start it over. I could uninstall Moz and reinstall it and re import the Bookmarks. I will try that.

> This is kind of weird. Are your bookmarks stored in the default
> location? How can I tell? I have one file that says Bookmarks. I did have some trouble importing when I installed it. I did a complete re install of XP and every program. I had saved the bookmarks from the last install.

Are you running Quick Launch? NO

> Lee

JustMe

Well I did an uninstall and reinstall of Moz and the bookmarks were still
there. and I still have the same problem.

"Leonidas Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:XRmIb.259709$(E-Mail Removed)...
> JustMe wrote:
>
> > I'm running Mozilla 1.6a and every time I close out Mozilla I loose any
> > bookmark changes I made. If I delete old ones they come back. If I add

new
> > ones the disappear.
> > Any help
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> This is kind of weird. Are your bookmarks stored in the default
> location? Are you running Quick Launch?
>
> Lee

Leonidas Jones

JustMe wrote:
> Well I did an uninstall and reinstall of Moz and the bookmarks were still
> there. and I still have the same problem.
>
> "Leonidas Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:XRmIb.259709$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>JustMe wrote:
>>

>>>I'm running Mozilla 1.6a and every time I close out Mozilla I loose any
>>>bookmark changes I made. If I delete old ones they come back. If I add

> new
>
>>>ones the disappear.
>>>Any help
>>>
>>>Thanks
>>>

>>This is kind of weird. Are your bookmarks stored in the default
>>location? Are you running Quick Launch?
>>
>>Lee

Create a new profile and see if the problem still occurs.

Lee