Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Radio Buttons in a Reapeater Control...

Radio Buttons in a Reapeater Control...

Chris Tremblay

I want to use a Repeater control to display a bunch of records. Got that
part figured out. Now I want each record to have next to it a radio button
so I can select exactly one record and then click "next". I'm using
<asp:RadioButton> to create the radio button, but when the page is rendered
each button has a different name and therefore the browser doesn't group
them together as it should and I can select as many as I'd like. I've
already tried setting GroupName. I vaguely remember that this was an issue
with ASP.NET. Have they fixed this or is there any way to work around this
such as by using a placeholder control?

--

Thanks,
Chris Tremblay

Thomas Dodds

I have used

<asp:radiobutton id="rad_a" runat="server" text="approve"
groupname="rad_group1"/>
<asp:radiobutton id="rad_r" runat="server" text="reject"
groupname="rad_group1"/>

in an asp:datalist itemtemplate and if I check the approve and then check
the reject it opperates just like it should

news:(E-Mail Removed)...