Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Spellchecker

Spellchecker

cc

I am using SUSE Linux 9.0. I have installed Mozilla 1.5 and went to the
Mozilla Cafe site to get the spell checker.
Guess what still no spellchecker.
Any suggestions?
Charlie

: : b r i a n : :

cc wrote:
> I am using SUSE Linux 9.0. I have installed Mozilla 1.5 and went to the
> Mozilla Cafe site to get the spell checker.
> Guess what still no spellchecker.
> Any suggestions?
> Charlie

Thunderbird

--
Brian

Leonidas Jones

: : b r i a n : : wrote:
> cc wrote:
>
>> I am using SUSE Linux 9.0. I have installed Mozilla 1.5 and went to the
>> Mozilla Cafe site to get the spell checker.
>> Guess what still no spellchecker.
>> Any suggestions?
>> Charlie
>>

> Thunderbird

1.5 has a built in spellchecker, as noted in the Release Notes:

http://www.mozilla.org/releases/mozi...EADME.html#new

Lee

: : b r i a n : :

Leonidas Jones wrote:
> 1.5 has a built in spellchecker, as noted in the Release Notes:
>
> http://www.mozilla.org/releases/mozi...EADME.html#new

I don't use the Suite or keep up with it, but I did know they were going
to add the spell-checker in one day.

I do find it humorous that the spell-checker loves to point out that I
have incorrectly spelled Thunderbird and Firebird, and recommends
Thunder bird and Fire bird as replacements.

--
Brian

: : b r i a n : :

Seems like the dictionary pretty much sucks in the spell-checker anyway...

Here's another word it doesn't recognize:

realtor

According to the "spell-checker" I most likely meant to say:

reactor
real tor

--
Brian

cc

Yes, very true. I have Mozilla on my XPPro box and it does that a lot. Maybe
I will just go Netscape.
Charlie

": : b r i a n : :" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Seems like the dictionary pretty much sucks in the spell-checker anyway...
>
> Here's another word it doesn't recognize:
>
> realtor
>
> According to the "spell-checker" I most likely meant to say:
>
> reactor
> real tor
>
> --
> Brian

Nobody

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 10:53:14 -0500, : : b r i a n : :
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Seems like the dictionary pretty much sucks in the spell-checker anyway...
>
>Here's another word it doesn't recognize:
>
>realtor
>
>According to the "spell-checker" I most likely meant to say:
>
>reactor
>real tor

Then just add it/them as an entry in your "personal" dictionary and
they'll be recognized in future usage.

Hey, I even disagree with published dictionaries (the ones in books!)
occasionally but I don't throw them out.

Tono

Nobody wrote:

> On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 10:53:14 -0500, : : b r i a n : :
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>Seems like the dictionary pretty much sucks in the spell-checker anyway...
>>
>>Here's another word it doesn't recognize:
>>
>>realtor
>>
>>According to the "spell-checker" I most likely meant to say:
>>
>>reactor
>>real tor

> Then just add it/them as an entry in your "personal" dictionary and
> they'll be recognized in future usage.
>
> Hey, I even disagree with published dictionaries (the ones in books!)
> occasionally but I don't throw them out.

At least now it seems to be learning and making use of the personal
dictionary.

Hans Rudolf Zimmermann

Leonidas Jones schrieb:

> : : b r i a n : : wrote:
>
>> cc wrote:
>>
>>> I am using SUSE Linux 9.0. I have installed Mozilla 1.5 and went to the
>>> Mozilla Cafe site to get the spell checker.
>>> Guess what still no spellchecker.
>>> Any suggestions?
>>> Charlie
>>>

>> Thunderbird
>>

> 1.5 has a built in spellchecker, as noted in the Release Notes:
>
> http://www.mozilla.org/releases/mozi...EADME.html#new
>
> Lee

I might be a bit exotic but on the german version of the Mozilla
installation there is only an installation possible when you are making
a customer defined installation. So if you want a spell checker you need
to deinstall Mozilla and reinstall it customized.

Hans Rudolf Zimmermann

Thunderbird Spellchecker wps Firefox 1 11-26-2004 02:44 AM
1.7b spellchecker improved! Tono Firefox 9 04-06-2004 04:00 AM
Another spellchecker question Tono Firefox 2 08-24-2003 04:14 AM
Re: Outlook Express SpellChecker and Spybot °Mike° Computer Support 0 08-03-2003 05:30 PM
Re: Outlook Express SpellChecker and Spybot § GateKeeper § Computer Support 0 08-03-2003 04:33 PM

Advertisments