Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Ruby-based intro programming course?

Ruby-based intro programming course?

Tom Payne

I'm considering switching from C++ to Ruby in our CS1 course. Does
anyone know of places this has been tried? Is it working?

Bil Kleb

Hi,

Tom Payne wrote:
> I'm considering switching from C++ to Ruby in our CS1 course. Does
> anyone know of places this has been tried? Is it working?

FWIW, some background material:

http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin...by-talk/184541

Regards,
--
Bil Kleb
http://fun3d.larc.nasa.gov

Robert Dober

Sorry if this OT but following some of the links given in this thread
I just discovered this.

http://hacketyhack.net/

Amazing that I have not read about this before here!

Cheers
Robert

--
You see things; and you say Why?
-- George Bernard Shaw

John Joyce

On May 6, 2007, at 1:28 AM, Robert Dober wrote:

> Sorry if this OT but following some of the links given in this thread
> I just discovered this.
>
> http://hacketyhack.net/
>
> Amazing that I have not read about this before here!

It's kind of new and a bit confusing at times due to art.

Robert Dober

On 5/5/07, John Joyce <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On May 6, 2007, at 1:28 AM, Robert Dober wrote:
>
> > Sorry if this OT but following some of the links given in this thread
> > I just discovered this.
> >
> > http://hacketyhack.net/
> >
> > Amazing that I have not read about this before here!

> It's kind of new and a bit confusing at times due to art.

Really, we are just in 0.4, I think it has great value.
Why is a hack of a hecker, or something like that

Cheers
Robert