Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Creating a local mirror of rubyforge?

Creating a local mirror of rubyforge?

mpazaryna@gmail.com

I've been told that we cannot open our internal developer machine
firewall to get access to plugins and gems from rubyforge. I was told
that it would be better to do a local mirror behind our firewall that
does a nightly rsynch. Is anybody doing this - or do you have
alternate suggestions for gaining access to rubyforge?

Thanks

Matt

Max Deineko

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) said the following on 03.05.2007 18:20:

> I've been told that we cannot open our internal developer machine
> firewall to get access to plugins and gems from rubyforge. I was told
> that it would be better to do a local mirror behind our firewall that
> does a nightly rsynch. Is anybody doing this - or do you have
> alternate suggestions for gaining access to rubyforge?

i'm not doing it (yet), but is this [1] what you want?

max

[1] http://rubyforge.org/docman/view.php...ror_setup.html