Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Best Practice: How to share an ASP.NET webform across multiple web apps:

Best Practice: How to share an ASP.NET webform across multiple web apps:

Jheitmuller

Hi,

What is the best way to share a C# web form across web
application? I'm new to ASP.NET. I've read though the docs and I
must be missing something. I do not see and appropriate library type
for this.

I have a .aspx web form that I want to make available for other
developers in my site. It is a powerful/flexible database browsing
form. I can get it to work as a form in the directory of the
application that I developed it for, but I cannot get the form to work
if I move it to a seperate library project. I also tried to keep the
form in the original project but put the form in a library directory
that other pages could reference.

Thanks,
John

Juno

Hi,

You may write a class that do 'powerful/flexible database browsing' thing
and put this class to a library project.
The web form reference that project and create an instance of that class to
show resule on your web form.

--
Juno
MCSD.NET, MCDBA, MCSE