Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > GetHostByName in IIS

GetHostByName in IIS

Bill

I am trying to use DNS.GetHostByName() but I need to be able to set a
timeout value. Normally I would use the ASYNC functions but since in IIS
they could exhaust the thread pool and cause deadlocks is there any other
way to set a timeout value or do I need to write my own DNS communication?

--
Bill