CruiseControl.rb [http://cruisecontrolrb.thoughtworks.com] is a
continuous integration tool. Its basic purpose in life is to alert
members of a software project when one of them checks something into
source control that breaks the build.
Version 1.1 is a follow-up release to 1.0, mostly consisting of bug
fixes and usability enhancements. Growl notification plugin, RSS feeds
for individual projects, an ability to run as a proper Linux daemon
and to peacefully coexist with non-English Subversion installs are the
most noteworthy features of this release.
List of changes in version
- individual RSS feeds for each project
- documented options configurable through config/site_config.rb
- added a "from" option to EmailNotifier configuration
- added Growl notifier to available plugins
- email notices can contain either full build log, or a link to the dashboard
- builder does not clear RAILS_ENV environment variable before
calling custom tasks
- builder always sets RAILS_ENV environment to 'test' before calling
- "cannot connect to Subversion" situations, plugin errors and other
problems that occur outside of a build loop are
now displayed on the dashboard
- custom project settings are displayed on the build log page
- [bugfix] Fixed cruise start --daemon option
- [bugfix] Removed incomplete builds from RSS feeds
- [bugfix] CC.rb can now live with localized (non-English) Subversion
- [bugfix] Fixed problems with CCTray introduced in 1.0 by adding a
new build status 'incomplete'
- [bugfix] Corrected documentation to say "[cruise]/projects/"
instead of "[cruise]/builds/"
- [bugfix] Recognize Solaris as a platform
Upgrading from 1.0
There are no changes in data storage format, so upgrading from version
1.0 is easy:
1. Rename the old installation: mv ccrb/ ccrb.bak/
2. Download from http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=2918 and unpack.
3. Move to the path where the old installation was: mv
4. Move projects/ directory: mv ccrb.bak/projects ccrb/
5. Copy site_config.rb over: cp ccrb.bak/config/site_config.rb ccrb/config