Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > RGL: decorate nodes and edges

RGL: decorate nodes and edges

Javier_CH

Hi Guys

Did anyone of you work with RGL (Ruby Graph Library? Did you try to
decorate (e.g. color, shape, etc.) your nodes and edges? Were you
successful? Could anyone point me to a good documentation or to some
example code?

The whole problem is documented on my blog:

http://a-team.ch/news/2007/03/29/rgl...ed-edgesnodes/

Thanks for your help!

Saludos
Javier

Stephen Duncan

Here's a link to what I posted to this list when this topic came up
recently: http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-Graphs-w...-p9291712.html

-Stephen

--
Stephen Duncan Jr
www.stephenduncanjr.com

Javier Vzquez

Thanks Stephen!

Just one question regarding your solution:

Are you still able to use all the nice GRATR features (e.g. Breadth
First Search) if you're storing your graph in a DOT:OTDigraph?

Am 30.03.2007 um 02:15 schrieb Stephen Duncan:

> Here's a link to what I posted to this list when this topic came up
> recently: http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-Graphs-w...corated-edges-
> p9291712.html
>
> -Stephen
>
> On 3/29/07, Javier_CH <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Hi Guys
>>
>> Did anyone of you work with RGL (Ruby Graph Library? Did you try to
>> decorate (e.g. color, shape, etc.) your nodes and edges? Were you
>> successful? Could anyone point me to a good documentation or to some
>> example code?
>>
>> The whole problem is documented on my blog:
>>
>> http://a-team.ch/news/2007/03/29/rgl...ed-edgesnodes/
>>
>> Thanks for your help!
>>
>> Saludos
>> Javier
>>

> --
> Stephen Duncan Jr
> www.stephenduncanjr.com

Stephen Duncan

Probably not; I wasn't trying to use any of those kinds of features,
which is why I skipped straight to using the DOT:igraph. It may be
best for you to use the normal graph objects, then only when you wish
to output to a file, get the DOT:igraph from them, and add in the
edge decorators at that point.

- Stephen

On 3/30/07, Javier V=E1zquez <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Thanks Stephen!
>
> Just one question regarding your solution:
>
> Are you still able to use all the nice GRATR features (e.g. Breadth
> First Search) if you're storing your graph in a DOT:OTDigraph?
>

> Am 30.03.2007 um 02:15 schrieb Stephen Duncan:
>
> > Here's a link to what I posted to this list when this topic came up
> > recently: http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-Graphs-w...corated-edges-
> > p9291712.html
> >
> > -Stephen
> >
> > On 3/29/07, Javier_CH <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >> Hi Guys
> >>
> >> Did anyone of you work with RGL (Ruby Graph Library? Did you try to
> >> decorate (e.g. color, shape, etc.) your nodes and edges? Were you
> >> successful? Could anyone point me to a good documentation or to some
> >> example code?
> >>
> >> The whole problem is documented on my blog:
> >>
> >> http://a-team.ch/news/2007/03/29/rgl...ed-edgesnodes/
> >>
> >> Thanks for your help!
> >>
> >> Saludos
> >> Javier
> >>

> > --
> > Stephen Duncan Jr
> > www.stephenduncanjr.com

--=20
Stephen Duncan Jr
www.stephenduncanjr.com

Javier Vzquez

Thanks again Stephen!

Could you (or someone) else point me to a nice how-to, documentation =20
or anything else (like example code)?

I'm a ruby-newbie and the project I'm working on has already a steep =20
learning-curve...besides having virtual no documentation.