Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Oops, sorry. Let me rephrase that. I CAN'T play WMV videos with Mozilla 1.5

Oops, sorry. Let me rephrase that. I CAN'T play WMV videos with Mozilla 1.5

Madison Lapierre

When I click on the video link all that appears is a screen full of
strange characters. Viewing AVIs works OK. How do I make Mozilla play
WMVs?

Leonidas Jones

Madison Lapierre wrote:

> When I click on the video link all that appears is a screen full of
> strange characters. Viewing AVIs works OK. How do I make Mozilla play
> WMVs?

Without a uri to check, I can only guess, but most likely, the server
serving up the file is misconfigured. The file is being served as
text/plain, so Mozilla dutifully trys to display the text. What you see
id the files code.

There is a fix being worked on, that may get in for FB 0.8, but probably
won't make it into the suite til 1.7.

The workaround in current versions is to right click on the file,
download it, then open it in WMP.

Lee