Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Ruby.NET on Channel9

Ruby.NET on Channel9

Jörg W Mittag

Hi,

I just noticed that Channel9 (Microsoft's community website -- at
least as far as Microsoft's definition of "community" goes) posted a
video interview with Dr. Wayne Kelly, Senior Lecturer at Queensland
University of Technology and maintainer of Ruby.NET. Haven't watched
it yet (still downloading), so I can't comment on the quality.
(Typically, the interviewers are Microsoft employees and specifically
C# Windows developers, so when it comes to more esoteric stuff like
dynamic or functional programming or alternative operating systems
their questions tend to not be exactly the smartest.)

Clicky here: <http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=295197>.

jwm

gregarican

On Mar 26, 4:24 pm, Jörg W Mittag <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just noticed that Channel9 (Microsoft's community website -- at
> least as far as Microsoft's definition of "community" goes) posted a
> video interview with Dr. Wayne Kelly, Senior Lecturer at Queensland
> University of Technology and maintainer of Ruby.NET. Haven't watched
> it yet (still downloading), so I can't comment on the quality.
> (Typically, the interviewers are Microsoft employees and specifically
> C# Windows developers, so when it comes to more esoteric stuff like
> dynamic or functional programming or alternative operating systems
> their questions tend to not be exactly the smartest.)
>
> Clicky here: <http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=295197>.
>
> jwm

Interesting that the guy just picked Ruby to implement on top of .NET,
but really isn't a true proponent of Ruby. He apparently just picked
Ruby as one of the more popular dynamic languages to use for his
compiler project. A bit off topic, but why does Microsoft show all of
these video feeds of interviews when there's no graphs, charts, or
other visual aids? I feel like I'm watching a police interrogation...