Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Page_INIT and Page_Load What are they the same?

Page_INIT and Page_Load What are they the same?

jack

Hello,

How should I use Page_init and Page_load with making ASP.NET Apps?

Thanks,

Jack

John Saunders

"jack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> How should I use Page_init and Page_load with making ASP.NET Apps?

Jack,

The two are not the same at all. See The ASP.NET Page Object Model
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...-us/dnaspp/htm
l/aspnet-pageobjectmodel.asp?frame=true) in MSDN.
--
John Saunders
johnwsaundersiii at hotmail

jack

Hello,

How should I use the two/what type of code should go in each?

Thanks,

Jack
"John Saunders" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "jack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hello,
> >
> > How should I use Page_init and Page_load with making ASP.NET Apps?

> Jack,
>
> The two are not the same at all. See The ASP.NET Page Object Model

(http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...-us/dnaspp/htm
> l/aspnet-pageobjectmodel.asp?frame=true) in MSDN.
> --
> John Saunders
> johnwsaundersiii at hotmail

Trevor Benedict R

In your Page_Load, everything relating to the Controls should be ready.
So you can start writing your code in the Page_Load Event to Get and
display the Actual Form whether from a Database or otherwise. After this
the Postback event for the control will be Fired. So you might think
about how the code here might affect those events. Assuming that you
have a dynamically loaded control, then you would have to create that in
the Page_Init event to continue to use it here and later on.

Regards,

Trevor Benedict R
MCSD

John Saunders

"jack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> How should I use the two/what type of code should go in each?

Jack,

Are you using Visual Studio.NET?

In either case, I suggest that you should ignore the Init event completely.
A time may come when it no longer works for you to ignore it. That will be
the time to use it. Until then, you probably want to use the Load event.