Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > How can i store the value in db(MySql) ??

How can i store the value in db(MySql) ??

Deepak Kumar Shivhare

Hello,

I am new in Ruby.

Can you tell me how can I store the value in databse(MySql).

I have 2 Textbox one is User Name and another one is Password and 2
button i.e., Submit and Cancel. I want whenever I click on the submit
button the value should be stored in the database.

I have made a table i.e., user in the database(MySql) having fields id,
username and password. id is a primary key.

Thanks in Advance
Deepak

Phillip Gawlowski

Deepak Kumar Shivhare wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am new in Ruby.
>
> Can you tell me how can I store the value in databse(MySql).
>
> I have 2 Textbox one is User Name and another one is Password and 2
> button i.e., Submit and Cancel. I want whenever I click on the submit
> button the value should be stored in the database.
>
> I have made a table i.e., user in the database(MySql) having fields id,
> username and password. id is a primary key.

How do you access the database?
Are you using ActiveRecord or the MySQL/Ruby gem?

And if you are using the Rails framework, you might want to ask this
question (in a smarter[0] way) on the Rails-ML.

[0] http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

--
Phillip "CynicalRyan" Gawlowski

Rule of Open-Source Programming #20: