Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > smart navigation causing java script error

smart navigation causing java script error

David

The page whose smart navigation property is set to true shows a javacript
error when a button that posts back to the same page is pressed.

Line:27
Char: 9
Error: Object doesn't support this property or method
Code: 0

It is doing it only on my development machine. Once deployed to the target
machine, it doesn't do it.

So what could be wrong about my machine that causes this?

S. Justin Gengo

David,

The javascripts called by asp.net are located in an aspnet_client folder at
the web's root. Depending on how you created the site on your development
machine my guess is that this folder is not being found at the root of your
particular site, but that it does exist on the target machine.

You should be able to copy and paste the aspnet_client folder into your
development machine's website folder and I think that will fix your problem.

Although this is just one possibility...

--
Sincerely,

S. Justin Gengo, MCP
Web Developer / Programmer