Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Executables and Standard Input

Executables and Standard Input

Brandon

Hello,

I need to start an executable and feed it data through standard input.

I know how to do this with other languages but can't figure out how to
do it with ruby.

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Patrick Hurley

On 3/18/07, Brandon <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need to start an executable and feed it data through standard input.
>
> I know how to do this with other languages but can't figure out how to
> do it with ruby.
>
> Can someone please point me in the right direction?
>
> Thanks.

Try http://www.rubycentral.com/book/ref_c_io.html#IO.popen for
starters, also if you need to control stderr search for popen3, etc.

pth

ASP.NET and Executables ken.beaudry@wpg.faneuil.com ASP .Net 7 04-10-2007 04:57 PM
OT How to email executables through a "protected" account default Firefox 5 11-11-2005 12:39 PM
Executables? Devyn Perl 3 04-11-2004 01:01 PM
Retrieving executables from SQL in ASP.NET Greg ASP .Net 0 11-04-2003 04:10 PM
.NET executables and XML, i need help :-( Francesc Guim Bernat C++ 2 09-19-2003 04:48 AM

Advertisments