Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > DataGrid Footer

DataGrid Footer

Alexandre Soares

Is it possible to access the footer item in the render method of a datagrid?
So far, I can only find the FooterText of each column using the columns
collection, but that doesn't allow me to find out how many cells are
contained in the Footer item.

Thanks in advance for any hints!

Alexandre Soares

Playing out with the datagrid I found out that I can access the table inside
it using myDataGrid.Controls[0] and from there access any rows in the
datagrid, even the header, footer and pager. This can be useful for other
people who had the same question

"Alexandre Soares" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is it possible to access the footer item in the render method of a

datagrid?
> So far, I can only find the FooterText of each column using the columns
> collection, but that doesn't allow me to find out how many cells are
> contained in the Footer item.
>
> Thanks in advance for any hints!

John Saunders

"Alexandre Soares" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Playing out with the datagrid I found out that I can access the table

inside
> it using myDataGrid.Controls[0] and from there access any rows in the
> datagrid, even the header, footer and pager. This can be useful for other
> people who had the same question

You could also use DataGrid.Items to reference all of the items (rows) in
the DataGrid.
--
John Saunders
johnwsaundersiii at hotmail

> "Alexandre Soares" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Is it possible to access the footer item in the render method of a

> datagrid?
> > So far, I can only find the FooterText of each column using the columns
> > collection, but that doesn't allow me to find out how many cells are
> > contained in the Footer item.
> >
> > Thanks in advance for any hints!

Scott Allen

Hi John:

Items does not hold header and footer items, only the data bound
items....

--
Scott
http://www.OdeToCode.com

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 17:48:07 -0400, "John Saunders"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Alexandre Soares" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Playing out with the datagrid I found out that I can access the table

>inside
>> it using myDataGrid.Controls[0] and from there access any rows in the
>> datagrid, even the header, footer and pager. This can be useful for other
>> people who had the same question

>You could also use DataGrid.Items to reference all of the items (rows) in
>the DataGrid.

John Saunders

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi John:
>
> Items does not hold header and footer items, only the data bound
> items....

Whoops. Sorry, Scott, I was thinking about the fact that the ItemCreated and
ItemDataBound events both get called with header and footer items.