Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Permission of files installed from rubygems

Permission of files installed from rubygems

Andre Nathan

Hello

I have some system administration libraries that I would like to
install as a gem on my servers. However, these servers also have local
users who should not be able to require those libraries from their
scripts. Is it possible to specify the permissions a file or directory
will be installed with in the gemspec file?

If not, is it possible to make rubygems search for libraries in more
than one location, so that I could install it locally for root, in,
say, /root/gems, but also allow root to load the gems that were
installed at the standard directory?

Thanks in advance,
Andre