Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Access to the path "C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Tempor ary ASP.NET Files\test\c40279d3\f7471ca7" is denied.

Access to the path "C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Tempor ary ASP.NET Files\test\c40279d3\f7471ca7" is denied.

James

I am still having permission problems, but it has changed from a blanked
'Access Denied' error to this.

I have ensured ASPNET user has 'full control' of the Temporary ASP.NET Files
folder.

However, there are no folders within this folder, so to me it looks more
like the files are missing rather than permission being denied...

I have tried uninstalling the .NET framework, as well as uninstalling IIS.

What should I be doing to deploy my application from my local test machine
to the main server?
Does the main server need anything other than the .NET framework & IIS
installed?

--
Cheers,

James Goodman

Raterus

Having no folders would make sense, since they don't have permission to create them. Are you using IIS5 or IIS6? IIS6 uses the account "NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE" rather than ASPNET. Also if you are doing any impersonation, you'll need enable that user, and not ASPNET.

--Michael