Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > win32-guitest for ruby

win32-guitest for ruby

Kyle Schmitt

So I came across this lib for gui testing using ruby.
http://raa.ruby-lang.org/list.rhtml?name=win32-guitest

Considering that I'm using vb script in Automated QA's TestComplete
right now, this looked like heaven on earth.

Sadly this doesn't seem to work out of the box.
The installer doesn't quite run, and manually putting the libraries
into place didn't work...and worst of all, it appears to have been
compiled with cygwin
Does anyone out there know of a way to cleanly install this... without
cygwin? Heck if it's absolutely deal-breakingly necessary, I'll even
suck it up and install cygwin, I'm just hoping not to.

Thanks
--Kyle

Paul Rogers

On Mar 1, 2:58 pm, "Kyle Schmitt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> So I came across this lib for gui testing using ruby.http://raa.ruby-lang.org/list.rhtml?name=win32-guitest
>
> Considering that I'm using vb script in Automated QA's TestComplete
> right now, this looked like heaven on earth.
>
> Sadly this doesn't seem to work out of the box.
> The installer doesn't quite run, and manually putting the libraries
> into place didn't work...and worst of all, it appears to have been
> compiled with cygwin
> Does anyone out there know of a way to cleanly install this... without
> cygwin? Heck if it's absolutely deal-breakingly necessary, I'll even
> suck it up and install cygwin, I'm just hoping not to.
>
> Thanks
> --Kyle

I spent some time working with this, but it was about 2 years ago. I
cant remember what the outcome was, but I dont think I had much
success
there is also http://rubyforge.org/projects/guitest/
But I dont think theyve done much work on it.
the perl win32::guitest is useful. But its perl.

Kyle Schmitt

I was hoping to stay in rubyland, but heck, perl is still worlds
better, eons more advanced, somethings more exciting, than vbscript.

I'll just watch this thread for a few days and hope though

--Kyle

Paul Rogers

On Mar 1, 3:25 pm, "Kyle Schmitt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I was hoping to stay in rubyland, but heck, perl is still worlds
> better, eons more advanced, somethings more exciting, than vbscript.
>
> I'll just watch this thread for a few days and hope though
>
> --Kyle

depending on what you are trying to do, you can always use autoit and
use ruby to control it via com