Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > [ANN] Holy Telephony Batman! It's Batphone 0.1.0

[ANN] Holy Telephony Batman! It's Batphone 0.1.0

Hans Fugal

Does the world need yet another Ruby Asterisk Gateway Interface library?
Does the world need a guy who dresses up like a bat?

I was not satisfied with the complexity and learning curve of existing
AGI libraries for Ruby, so rather than spend an hour learning one of
them I spent several hours writing my own. I hope this pays off in the
future when it only takes me 5 minutes to remember/relearn how to use
batphone. It was fun, anyway. That's the point, isn't it? That's why
Batman does it. Not for the citizens of Gotham, but because it's fun.

Here's a synopsis:

#!/usr/bin/ruby
require 'agi'

agi = AGI.new
agi.answer
agi.stream_file('batman_help_the_monkeys_are_every where', nil)
begin
# press pound to make them stop!
r = agi.stream_file('tt-monkeys', '#')
end while r.result != ?#
agi.stream_file('POW', nil)
agi.hangup

Here's the URLs:

Documentation: http://hans.fugal.net/src/batphone/d...es/README.html
Download: http://hans.fugal.net/src/batphone/b...e-0.1.0.tar.gz

POW!

ara.t.howard@noaa.gov

On Thu, 1 Mar 2007, Hans Fugal wrote:

> Does the world need yet another Ruby Asterisk Gateway Interface library? Does
> the world need a guy who dresses up like a bat?

i do, thanks!

-a
- the dalai lama

IP Telephony CCIE required Janik Cisco 1 04-25-2004 08:09 AM
Device for IP telephony , SIP telephony or VoIP Sam VOIP 7 04-10-2004 09:11 PM
free online books on CCNA , CCMP, CCIE , VoIp , IP Telephony jon Cisco 0 02-25-2004 05:12 AM
Call Manager Telephony Features Buddy Conner Cisco 3 01-27-2004 04:20 AM
TELEPHONY-CISCO/ LONG TERM CONTRACT/ OH Tom Gugger Cisco 0 12-09-2003 03:52 PM

Advertisments