Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Thunderbird and exchange server

Thunderbird and exchange server

Calimero

What is the bes way to read mail using Thunderbird on an exchange server?

Actually at the office, we use and exchange server and most of poeple
use Outlook to read their mail.

I would like to use Thunderbird to do it.

Right now, i create an account in Thunderbird as an Imap to deal with
the exchange server.

Everything seems fine exept that it does not check for new mail.....
In my setup, i mention to check for mail every 2 minutes. It does not
work. I have to change the focus to an other folder and come back on the
"Inbox" to have it check for new mail.

Any info about this ?

Calimero

Calimero wrote:
> What is the bes way to read mail using Thunderbird on an exchange server?
>
> Actually at the office, we use and exchange server and most of poeple
> use Outlook to read their mail.
>
> I would like to use Thunderbird to do it.
>
> Right now, i create an account in Thunderbird as an Imap to deal with
> the exchange server.
>
> Everything seems fine exept that it does not check for new mail.....
> In my setup, i mention to check for mail every 2 minutes. It does not
> work. I have to change the focus to an other folder and come back on the
> "Inbox" to have it check for new mail.
>
> Any info about this ?

Well since i restart TB, it's OK now.
In the beginning, my setup was to not check the server automaticly.
After that, i changed it to check every 2 minutes.
Does this modification require TB to be restart ?