Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > bitmap manipulation

bitmap manipulation

Jim Bob

I would normally use FreeImage, but I cannot find a Ruby wrapper for
this?

So if I can't find a wrapper for FreeImage is there any other suitable
libraries that I can use with Ruby?

Thanks,
Jim.

Alex LeDonne

On 2/16/07, Jim Bob <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I would normally use FreeImage, but I cannot find a Ruby wrapper for
> this?
>
> So if I can't find a wrapper for FreeImage is there any other suitable
> libraries that I can use with Ruby?
>
> Thanks,
> Jim.

http://seattlerb.rubyforge.org/ImageScience.html

appears to wrap FreeImage.

Tim Hunter

Jim Bob wrote:
> I would normally use FreeImage, but I cannot find a Ruby wrapper for
> this?
>
> So if I can't find a wrapper for FreeImage is there any other suitable
> libraries that I can use with Ruby?
>
> Thanks,
> Jim.

http://seattlerb.rubyforge.org/ImageScience.html

Jim Bob

No ImageScience uses Free Image but does not expose much of it, it
appears to be a simple lib for creating thumbnails.

Thanks,
Jim.

Alex LeDonne

On 2/16/07, Jim Bob <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> No ImageScience uses Free Image but does not expose much of it, it
> appears to be a simple lib for creating thumbnails.
>
> Thanks,
> Jim.

If you have ImageMagick or GraphicsMagick available, RMagick...
http://rmagick.rubyforge.org/

Jim Bob

Rmagic looks like it will work a treat.

Many thanks again,