Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Optional libraries : openssl, readline, zlib, what is needed?

Optional libraries : openssl, readline, zlib, what is needed?

AnÝbal

Hello,

Is there a way to know what are the optional libraries should be
installed to assure that a Ruby installation from sources comes out
nicely with everything functional?

Common missing libraries in my experience, and web searches are:
zlib-devel (required by gems), openssl-devel required by Capistrano),
readline-devel (required by IRB and the Rails Console)

If those libraries are not present, Ruby will be installed without
problem after ./configure, make and sudo make install, but later a lot
of features will be missing.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion

--
AnÝbal Rojas