Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Session state between ASP and ASPX

Session state between ASP and ASPX

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM=?=

I can't seem to figure out why; when I have an ASP page set the Session varibale (Session("loggedin") = true) and attempt to access an ASPX page on the domain and website it is not recogized? It shows this to be = to blank.
If I use one of the ASPX pages to "login" and set the session variable (Session("loggedin") = true) , then I can "roam" around the website and it is available for both page types.
why????
No server farm, .NET 1.1, it's on a win2k server though. and no timing out.
Help?

Lucas Tam

"=?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM=?=" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Help?

You cannot share ASP and ASP.NET session variables without special code.

http://www.asp101.com/articles/sidne...te/default.asp

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...l=/library/en-
us/dnaspp/html/ConvertToASPNET.asp

--
Lucas Tam ((E-Mail Removed))

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM=?=

thanx, missed this big time, I was fat dumb and happy about the hype about asp and aspx play nicely. this is a big issue in my mind. a lot of us transition pages, not moving all pages to .net immediately) and this is a real issue. Also see this with cookie differences too.