Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Read config setting from web.config performance?

Read config setting from web.config performance?

Hardy Wang

Hello all,
Do you think reading config settings from web.config (app.config) kills
system's performance?
I installed a DevPartner Profiler, and noticed
ConfigurationSetting.AppSettings is a little bit costly.

--
WWW: http://hardywang.1accesshost.com
ICQ: 3359839

Marina

If it is costly, you can just load up all your configuration variables into
a some shared variables in a class in application_start. That way, you load
them up once, and then they're just in memory and available.

"Hardy Wang" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello all,
> Do you think reading config settings from web.config (app.config)

kills
> system's performance?
> I installed a DevPartner Profiler, and noticed
> ConfigurationSetting.AppSettings is a little bit costly.
>
> --
> WWW: http://hardywang.1accesshost.com
> ICQ: 3359839
> yours Hardy

Joe Fallon

Web.config is only read once from disk.
Then it is stored in RAM so future "reads" should be just as fast as a
custom class.
--
Joe Fallon