Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > [ANN] Ruby In Steel Developer For Visual Studio

[ANN] Ruby In Steel Developer For Visual Studio

Huw Collingbourne

SapphireSteel Software today announced the immediate availability of Ruby
In Steel Developer - the only professional Ruby programming environment for
Microsoft's Visual Studio 2005.

Ruby In Steel Developer includes the ultra-fast 'Cylon' debugger. In
benchmark tests, Cylon has recorded speeds over 100 (one hundred) times
faster than the standard Ruby debugger. Ruby In Steel Developer also has
full analytical IntelliSense (not just 'code completion') for Ruby and
Rails. The software is priced at $249. For a limited period, early adopters
will be able to buy at the launch price of $199.

There is also a free 30-day Trial version of Ruby In Steel Developer plus a
completely free version of the software - Ruby In Steel Personal Edition
(PE) - which has a slower debugger and lacks IntelliSense. The Personal
Edition is available for unrestricted use and is not time-limited.

A complete feature list of both the Developer and Personal Editions can be
found on the SapphireSteel Software web site:
http://sapphiresteel.com/spip.php?page=feature-list

best wishes
Huw Collingbourne

http://www.sapphiresteel.com
Ruby Programming In Visual Studio 2005

Justin Bailey

On 1/29/07, Huw Collingbourne <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> SapphireSteel Software today announced the immediate availability of Ruby
> In Steel Developer - the only professional Ruby programming environment for
> Microsoft's Visual Studio 2005.

I've been using the Personal Edition of this product for a few months
now, and if you like editing in Visual Studio, it's excellent.

I downloaded the 30-day trial because I'd really like to see the
IntelliSense. So far, so good. The only wrinkle I ran into was the
"key.bin" file downloaded must be in the same directory were you unzip
the install. If not, the installed throws an exception and fails.

Thanks for a cool product - I hope to explore it fully in the month ahead!

Justin

Huw Collingbourne

"Justin Bailey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:a45dff840701290857u165f4914u5dc13f6f663241a3@ mail.gmail.com...
> On 1/29/07, Huw Collingbourne <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> SapphireSteel Software today announced the immediate availability of
>> Ruby
>> In Steel Developer - the only professional Ruby programming environment
>> for
>> Microsoft's Visual Studio 2005.

> I've been using the Personal Edition of this product for a few months
> now, and if you like editing in Visual Studio, it's excellent.

Thanks

> I downloaded the 30-day trial because I'd really like to see the
> IntelliSense. So far, so good. The only wrinkle I ran into was the
> "key.bin" file downloaded must be in the same directory were you unzip
> the install. If not, the installed throws an exception and fails.

Yes, the key is needed to activate the setup for te Trial (and developer )
editions. I agree that the installer warn people that this is needed prior
to starting (currently we only check for the key a few dialogs in) - that is
already on our ToDo list and should be added soon.

> Thanks for a cool product - I hope to explore it fully in the month ahead!

Please keep in touch. If you have any comments, feel free to drop us an
email or pop into the online forum to talk about it.