Ruby-GetText-Package is a Localization(L10n) Library and Tools which is
modeled after GNU gettext package.
The library converts the messages to localized messages properly using
client-side locale information. And the tools for developers support
to create, use, and modify localized the message files(message catalogs)
* Simple APIs(similar GNU gettext)
* rgettext command for creating po-files from files below:
o ruby scripts
o glade-2 XML file(.glade)
o ERB file(.rhtml)
o ActiveRecord (.rb)
* rmsgfmt command for creating a mo-file from a po-file.
* The po-file is compatible to GNU gettext.
You can maintain these files to use GNU getext tools.
* The mo-file is compatible to GNU gettext(msgfmt).
* multi-textdomain supported.
You can bind plural textdomains to a class/module.
* CGI support (gettext/cgi)
* ERB support (gettext/erb)
* Ruby on Rails support (gettext/rails)
Can you help us?/ Can we help you?
Join our ML if you are interested in:
* Improve Ruby-GetText-Package.
* Application/library owners who think to make your apps/libs L10n.
If you send us your po-files, we'll translate it!
# At least, a Japanese translator is available .