Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > flat file database for ruby?

flat file database for ruby?

Aaron Smith

Does anyone know of any flat file database implementations for Ruby?

Robert Klemme

On 20.01.2007 07:48, Aaron Smith wrote:
> Does anyone know of any flat file database implementations for Ruby?

There is a ton of options, at least Marshal, Yaml, PStore, CSV. What
exactly do you want to do?

Kind regards

robert

Evan Weaver

Don't forget KirbyBase.

Evan Weaver

Harold Hausman

On 1/20/07, Aaron Smith <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Does anyone know of any flat file database implementations for Ruby?

Kirbybase is mad rad:
http://www.netpromi.com/kirbybase_ruby.html

The same author started another project with similar functionality,
but faster, but the name was funny and started with an 'M'... I can't
recall it now.

hth,
-Harold

khaines@enigo.com

On Sat, 20 Jan 2007, Harold Hausman wrote:

> On 1/20/07, Aaron Smith <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Does anyone know of any flat file database implementations for Ruby?
>>

> Kirbybase is mad rad:
> http://www.netpromi.com/kirbybase_ruby.html
>
> The same author started another project with similar functionality,
> but faster, but the name was funny and started with an 'M'... I can't
> recall it now.

Mongoose.

http://rubyforge.org/projects/mongoose/

Kirk Haines