Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > The Ruby Soundtrack

The Ruby Soundtrack

Chris Lloyd

I'm in no way promoting/affialiated this band or the site or anthing
like that, but I thought it was a pretty cool song. When I've been
working and my non-nerd friends ask where I am they all roll their
eyes and say somthing along the lines of "he's getting cosy with Ruby
again". My ex-girlfriend couldn't figure out who this girl "Ruby" was.
She was pretty jealous until she realised that it was "just a
programming language". She should have been more worried.

So, hope you like the song. The great language got an awesome soundtrack!

http://www.spin.com/features/heythis..._kaiserchiefs/

--
Chris Lloyd

Chris Gernon

Chris Lloyd wrote:
> So, hope you like the song. The great language got an awesome
> soundtrack!
>
> http://www.spin.com/features/heythis..._kaiserchiefs/

This song is okay, but I greatly prefer the classics, such as "Ruby
Tuesday" and "Ruby Soho".

Joel VanderWerf

Chris Gernon wrote:
> Chris Lloyd wrote:
>> So, hope you like the song. The great language got an awesome
>> soundtrack!
>>
>> http://www.spin.com/features/heythis..._kaiserchiefs/

> This song is okay, but I greatly prefer the classics, such as "Ruby
> Tuesday" and "Ruby Soho".

Classics? How could you omit

http://www.steelydan.com/lyrnightfly.html#track3

???

I want to see a web site rating programming languages by the number of
pop songs about them.

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

Chris Gernon wrote:
> Chris Lloyd wrote:
>
>> So, hope you like the song. The great language got an awesome
>> soundtrack!
>>
>> http://www.spin.com/features/heythis..._kaiserchiefs/
>>

> This song is okay, but I greatly prefer the classics, such as "Ruby
> Tuesday" and "Ruby Soho".

And of course, "Ruby ... don't take your love to town"

http://borasky-research.blogspot.com/