Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > a 2Dgraphics alike lib for ruby ?

a 2Dgraphics alike lib for ruby ?

honte

all in subject ... i've seen stuff like tioga (linux) or gnuplot, but
i'd like something like 2Dgraphics on java.. I am new to ruby, so any
suggestion welcome, thank you in advance.

Joel VanderWerf

honte wrote:
> all in subject ... i've seen stuff like tioga (linux) or gnuplot, but
> i'd like something like 2Dgraphics on java.. I am new to ruby, so any
> suggestion welcome, thank you in advance.

There's the TkCanvas widget, which you can use through Ruby's Tk
binding. It's included in the one-click installer and other ruby
interpreter packages.

Clifford Heath

honte wrote:
> i've seen stuff like tioga (linux) or gnuplot, but
> i'd like something like 2Dgraphics on java.

RMagick gives you a drawing API into an in-memory image,
which you can save to a file in numerous formats. You can
also access the pixel array and map them to a Pixbuf to
display in a ruby-gtk application. This approach might be
more suitable than TkCanvas if your main goal is to generate
image files (rather than display images).

Clifford Heath.