Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > OS-Specific "\n" Interpolation?

OS-Specific "\n" Interpolation?

Rob Muhlestein

Coming from Perl and C I have come to expect "\n" to be translated
differently depending on OS--especially when doing sockets protocol
programming. Ruby *appears* to be subject to this same OS/clib
translation issue which is so often overlooked. Was hoping Ruby
shielded the average user from this. Has anyone else had any experience
confirming or denying this? I've written up the details in a blog post:

http://rob.muhlestein.net/2007/01/wa...different.html