Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > How to get all information about user from DC

How to get all information about user from DC

vaidas gudas

I have ASP.NET page, and authentification is by windows, but from
system.identity.name I can just user's domain name and user's login name.
How to get full description from Domain Controller Like user Name and
Surname and E-mail if we using Exchange.

DC is on Win2003 and Exchange version is newest

Kevin Spencer

You would do this via Active Directory.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

"vaidas gudas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have ASP.NET page, and authentification is by windows, but from
> system.identity.name I can just user's domain name and user's login name.
> How to get full description from Domain Controller Like user Name and
> Surname and E-mail if we using Exchange.
>
> DC is on Win2003 and Exchange version is newest

vaidas gudas

how to retrive information from Active Directory

news:Oqb$(E-Mail Removed)...
> You would do this via Active Directory.
>
> --
> HTH,
> Kevin Spencer
> .Net Developer
> Microsoft MVP
> Big things are made up
> of lots of little things.
>
> "vaidas gudas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I have ASP.NET page, and authentification is by windows, but from
> > system.identity.name I can just user's domain name and user's login

name.
> > How to get full description from Domain Controller Like user Name and
> > Surname and E-mail if we using Exchange.
> >
> > DC is on Win2003 and Exchange version is newest

Scott Allen

There are some C# code sample here:

This topic contains links to all of the C# code examples contained in
the System.DirectoryServices Using guide.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...e_examples.asp

HTH,

--
Scott