Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Suggested Ruby / Rails Development Environment on OS X?

Suggested Ruby / Rails Development Environment on OS X?

Charles McKnight

Jeremy McAnally

I dig Textmate with updated bundles for editing. vi is my second
choice (*ducks*), but the file management with Textmate and snippets
make it the best choice IMO.

I use Locomotive (http://locomotive.raaum.org/) to develop my Rails
applications; this is like InstantRails for Windows. It's great for
development and testing. Whenever I get ready to deploy my projects
to something more heavy duty (e.g., a Mongrel cluster, Apache, etc.),
I'll use Capistrano.

I use YourSQL for mySQL administration.

Just my personal preferences...there are a lot of options!

--Jeremy