Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > SMTP proxy in Ruby, anybody?

SMTP proxy in Ruby, anybody?

Jeffrey 'jf' Lim

hi list, has anybody made any progress, or given out any code for
this? Basically, i am looking for something like qpsmtpd
(http://smtpd.develooper.com/), only written in Ruby, so that i can
modify it as i please, and learn Ruby at the same time.

I've searched the net, and the ML archives, but havent found anything
specifically useful, except maybe
http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin...?222943-226481
(but which still doesnt give out any code). Has anybody worked on, or
is working on, something like this?

-jf

--
"It's so hard to write a graphics driver that open-sourcing it would not help."
-- Andrew Fear, Software Product Manager, NVIDIA Corporation

http://kerneltrap.org/node/7228

F. Senault

Le 9 décembre 2006 à 08:05, Jeffrey 'jf' Lim a écrit :

> hi list, has anybody made any progress, or given out any code for
> this? Basically, i am looking for something like qpsmtpd
> (http://smtpd.develooper.com/), only written in Ruby, so that i can
> modify it as i please, and learn Ruby at the same time.

Well, I don't know if it will be of any use for you, but... Basically,
I was aiming at replacing amavisd on my mailservers, so I wrote a small
smtp daemon that could be inserted between two postfix daemons to call
some external filtering processes.

Trouble is the code is quite immature (the project has never seen the
light), and uncommented, so I'm not sure it will be a very valuable
learning experience...

You can find it here :

http://www.lacave.net/~fred/projets/rmailfilter/

Fred
--
See these eyes so green I can stare for a thousand years
Just be still with me You wouldn't believe what I've been thru