This release adds support for the test/spec library, fixes
some bugs, and improves the user manual and generated
• Icarus Verilog 0.8 has been demoted to a mostly
• Generated Verilog benches no longer supply the -w
option to the $ruby_init task.
• The ruby-vpi/runner_proxy library now invokes test
□ just before exiting. Thus, you can invoke tasks in
the main Rakefile before the test runners are
□ located within any directory that is a descendant
of the current working directory.
• The SIMULATOR_ARGS parameter of generated runners has
been renamed to SIMULATOR_ARGUMENTS for clarity.
• The automated test generator
□ no longer displays the backup status indicator.
□ now supplies a third argument to the MERGER
□ no longer replaces existing files with newly
generated content during the update action.
Instead, it now writes the newly generated output
to a .new file and then invokes the MERGER command.
• The Vpi::Handle class has two new methods: x! and z!,
which set the handle’s logic value to unknown and high
• The tests for the simple up-counter example were
randomly failing because the specifications were not
asserting the design’s reset signal long enough. So the
design was getting into weird states and behaving in a
non-deterministic way. This problem has been fixed.
• The user manual has been revised and some minor issues
have been fixed.
• The automated test generator accepts new command-line
• The automated test generator was crashing when parsing
module parameters of an input file which did not have
any module parameters. This has been fixed.
• Generated Verilog benches now contain simpler clock
• Generated runners now contain
□ a :setup task which is invoked before the simulator
runs. It can be used to make preprations, such as
converting Verilog header files into Ruby, for the
□ better explanations to accomodate new users.
• Specifications generated in the generic format no
longer contain a class that is instantiated in the
generated Ruby bench.