Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Combining PDF and XML files into PDF

Combining PDF and XML files into PDF

bill walton

My app reads an XML file into my database, allows editing the content,
then produces a new XML file and, optionally, a PDF file from the same
data. I'm currently using REXML to readin the XML file, Builder to
write the new XML file out, and PDF::Writer to write the PDF file.

Now I need to put the XML data into the PDF file and have the result
conform to the Adobe spec for that. I'd really appreciate any
suggestions re: the best / easiest approach to 'get there from here'.

TIA,
Bill

Jeremy Hinegardner

On Sat, Dec 02, 2006 at 02:45:11AM +0900, bill walton wrote:
> My app reads an XML file into my database, allows editing the content,
> then produces a new XML file and, optionally, a PDF file from the same
> data. I'm currently using REXML to readin the XML file, Builder to
> write the new XML file out, and PDF::Writer to write the PDF file.
>
> Now I need to put the XML data into the PDF file and have the result
> conform to the Adobe spec for that. I'd really appreciate any
> suggestions re: the best / easiest approach to 'get there from here'.

For PDF Creation take a look at PDF::Writer

- http://ruby-pdf.rubyforge.org/pdf-writer/index.html

enjoy,

-jeremy

Jeremy Hinegardner http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)