Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > rubygems install hook

rubygems install hook

ara.t.howard@noaa.gov

searching the docs and archives - i'm still unclear: is there, or is there
not a way to have gems run pre-post install steps?

regards.

-a
--
my religion is very simple. my religion is kindness. -- the dalai lama

Bil Kleb

> searching the docs and archives - i'm still unclear: is there, or is there
> not a way to have gems run pre-post install steps?

Don't think so,

http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin...by-talk/203058

Later,
--
Bil Kleb
http://kleb.tadalist.com/lists/public/427170

Daniel Berger

Bil Kleb wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> >
> > searching the docs and archives - i'm still unclear: is there, or is there
> > not a way to have gems run pre-post install steps?

> Don't think so,
>
> http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin...by-talk/203058

Bummer. Ross Bamford does have a feature request in:

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.p...d=126&atid=578

Regards,

Dan

ara.t.howard@noaa.gov

On Sat, 18 Nov 2006, Daniel Berger wrote:

> Bil Kleb wrote:
>> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>>>
>>> searching the docs and archives - i'm still unclear: is there, or is there
>>> not a way to have gems run pre-post install steps?

>> Don't think so,
>>
>> http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin...by-talk/203058

> Bummer. Ross Bamford does have a feature request in:
>
> http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.p...d=126&atid=578

found a workaround

spec.extensions = 'extconf.rb'

now, do whatever you like in extconf.rb

-a
--

On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> On Sat, 18 Nov 2006, Daniel Berger wrote:
>
>> Bil Kleb wrote:

>>> Don't think so,
>>>
>>> http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin...by-talk/203058

>> Bummer. Ross Bamford does have a feature request in:
>>
>> http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.p...d=126&atid=578

> found a workaround
>
> spec.extensions = 'extconf.rb'
>

> now, do whatever you like in extconf.rb

scratch that. doesn't work quite right.

-a
--
my religion is very simple. my religion is kindness. -- the dalai lama

Jim Weirich

unknown wrote:
> searching the docs and archives - i'm still unclear: is there, or is
> there
> not a way to have gems run pre-post install steps?
>
> regards.

There is no provision in gems for pre/post install steps.

-- Jim Weirich

Austin Ziegler

On 11/17/06, Jim Weirich <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> unknown wrote:
> > searching the docs and archives - i'm still unclear: is there, or is
> > there
> > not a way to have gems run pre-post install steps?
> >
> > regards.

> There is no provision in gems for pre/post install steps.

Please keep it that way. The only thing I'd *like* is a custom message
that can be printed.

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * (E-Mail Removed) * http://www.halostatue.ca/