Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > webhosting search

webhosting search

Robert Blackwell

I'm trying to find new webhosting. My budget is in the $20-$35/mo range

Currently I have the "Premium Plan" through http://www.webhost4life.com
The unlimited bwidth seems nice.On a good month I can hit up to 60GB,
average most likely 20-30 so that's not really a big deal to me, especially
since I only have 300MB space I can't host movies and stuff, I'm almost full
as it is just with content and screenshots etc.

My site runs on cpgnuke (php cms) but my current host seems to have
something configured strange with their php stuff (or a feature is turned
off)so my site "doesn't work" because people can't login. The reason I think
it's their problem is cause I've setup IIS and phpsnapin on my XP Pro system
and with default settings my site works fine.
Since my site is php/mysql I want windows hosting with php/mysql but .net
support so I can still use my amazon referral app, and just for testing
stuff.

I found these guys http://www.hostdepartment.com and on their features list
it says they only support 2 Custom DLL Components on their Application
Premium 800 plan or 3 on their Application Premium 1000 plan.

I'm still not very savvy with this stuff, so I dont know how limiting that
is. I have this amazon.com referral app called Store Perfect and it alone
has 3 dlls.

Is there a difference with DLL's like some that need to be installed or
something. How would they monitor this because the ones on that web app I
have don't tneed to be "installed" or anything. Just upload into a virtual
directory and it works. I hope you understand what I'm trying to get across,
because if it's really just 3dlls period and that's it, then I'm already at
quota just by having that web app. My current host doesn't seem to have any
limitations noted on their web plan page.

Thanks in advance.