Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Newby Questions

Newby Questions

Dean Dancey

Newby questions: Can current versions of Mozilla be installed and run
on a system that currently has Netscape 7 on it? I mean without causing
NS to crash. I have been told that Mozilla is much more stable, and is
still being developed. System is higher-end Windows 98 SE. Thanks ;-Deano

Leonidas Jones

Dean Dancey wrote:
> Newby questions: Can current versions of Mozilla be installed and run
> on a system that currently has Netscape 7 on it? I mean without causing
> NS to crash. I have been told that Mozilla is much more stable, and is
> still being developed. System is higher-end Windows 98 SE. Thanks ;-Deano

Yes certainly. The program files are separate. Just create a new
profile to be used with Mozilla, if you want to continue to use both
browsers. Sharing a profile between the two can cause problems.

Lee